Recently pizza has gotten a bad rap as being a heavy, cheesy, junk food, but not every slice has to be a waste line wrecker. At Sardella’s Pizza and Wings we offer a variety of crust options and toppings that can keep the calorie count down so you can enjoy a slice or two. Here are some tips to have a pizza that is flavorful without totally wrecking your diet:
- Pick the Right Dough: Sardella’s Pizza and Wings offers both whole wheat and gluten-free pizza crusts to help start your pie off on a healthy foundation.
- Roll It Thin: Thinner crust not only cuts calories, it also allows you to savor the delicious flavor of the sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Choose Tomato Sauce: Tomato sauce is significantly lower in fat and calories than an oil based white sauce. Bonus – Tomatoes are packed full of anti-oxidants!
- Load It with Veggies: Choosing fresh, healthy veggies to top your pie keeps the calorie count low while giving you a healthy dose of vitamins. The fiber in the veggies will also help fill you up resulting in fewer slices eaten.
- Pick a Lean Protein: For a punch of protein, grilled chicken is the way to go. Be sure to try our BBQ Chicken pizza – it’s a crowd favorite!
- Cut The Cheese: We don’t mean entirely…just a little bit. Reducing the amount of cheese on your pizza by just 25% will make a big impact on the fat and calories per slice.
- Stick to Mozzarella: Mozzarella naturally has less saturated fat than other types of cheese.
- Spice it Up: Adding red pepper flakes enhances the flavor of more mild toppings to ensure your pizza is anything but bland.
- Pair a Side Salad: Adding a side salad to your serving of pizza will help fill you up quicker making it less likely for you to over eat.
- Mind Your Portions: Even when following the above tips to help keep your pizza as healthy as can be, portion control is important when trying to keep your calorie intake in check.
Following these simple steps while ordering from Sardella’s Pizza and Wings can help ensure you are able to enjoy a guilt free slice every once in a while. We offer a variety of healthy crust and topping options, as well as several hearty salads and pasta dishes.
Sardella’s Pizza and Wings offers the freshest pizza delivery in Peoria and some of the best pizza specials in the valley. For the full Sardella’s Pizza and Wings menu and to learn more about how we have grown into Arizona’s top pizza place visit us online at www.sardellaspizza.com.