Cold, leftover pizza – many college students and 8 year olds swear it’s a great serving option. For the rest of us, leftover slices may need a bit more love to be delicious again.
If you and your family are unable to finish and are left with leftovers at the end of the night you shouldn’t be forced to settle for a sub-par slice as you heat it up the next day. Microwaves, while typically pretty fantastic tools, are pretty terrible ways to reheat pizza – rendering the formerly crispy and delicious slice a soggy mess. Ovens are also a letdown when it comes to reheating – they restore the crispiness while drying out the cheese and toppings, rendering the entire slice a cardboard mess.
Finally, pizza loving scientists have finally developed the hands down best way to reheat a leftover slice of pizza and the answer may shock you – use a skillet.
To reheat your leftover slice and restore it back to its previous cheesy, crispy texture, follow these simple and effective instructions:
1. Put your slice in a non-stick skillet on medium-low for 2-3 minutes. (Hint: A cast iron skillet works just as well too!)
2. Once the bottom of the slice is crisp, add a couple of drops of water to the pan.
3. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid or a piece of tin foil for an additional minute.
4. Remove the lid to reveal fluffy crust and hot, melted cheese.
5. Enjoy that delicious slice!
The first step to reheating pizza is having leftovers in the fridge, order a pizza from Sardella’s Pizza and Wings tonight and you’ll be halfway there! Our menu includes five pizza crust options, including gluten-free pizza crust.
For the full Sardella’s Pizza and Wings menu and to learn more about what makes us the best pizza in Phoenix visit us at www.sardellaspizza.com, where you can also view our extensive corporate and party catering options or place an order for pizza delivery in Phoenix.