Did you know that approximately three billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year? Or that women are twice as likely as men to order vegetables on their pizza? At Sardella’s Pizza and Wings we pride ourselves on serving the best pizza in Phoenix; but this family establishment can also dish out some fun facts about pizza!
- There are approximately 61,269 pizzerias in the United States.
- The largest pizza ever made was 122 feet, 8 inches in diameter. The pizza needed 9,920 pounds of flour, 198 pounds of salt, 3,968 pounds of cheese, and 1,984 pounds of tomato puree.
- In 1987, October was designated as National Pizza Month.
- Pizzerias represent 17% of all restaurants.
- Each man, woman and child in America eats and average of 46 slices, (23 pounds), of pizza per year.
- Saturday night is the biggest night of the week for eating pizza.
- More pizza is consumed during Super Bowl week than any other week of the year.
- “The world’s most extravagant pizza” is available at New York’s Nino’s Bellissima restaurant. Topped with six varieties of caviar, chives, fresh lobster and crème fraiche, this 12-inch pie, called the “Luxury Pizza,” retails at $1,000.00 (or $125.00 a slice).
For the freshest New York style pizza in Arizona, or to try our delicious gourmet pizzas, including our world famous BBQ chicken pizza, visit Sardella’s Pizza and Wings. Our family recipes and commitment to customer satisfaction have allowed us to make the best pizza in Phoenix for over 25 years. Hungry? Order online now!