The cooler autumn weather is just perfect for a picnic and Phoenix’s parks are the best places to enjoy one. Why not grab a delicious Sardella’s pizza or calzone, one of our tasty salads and some wings, and enjoy a special afternoon with your family, friends or significant other?
Here are five of the best parks for a picnic in Phoenix this time of year:
- Sahuaro Ranch Park: Sahuaro Ranch Park is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This 80-acre park is great for couples, families and dogs (there’s a huge off-leash dog park for your pup!). There are also plenty of picnic areas, so pick up your favorite Sardella’s dishes and head on over. Afterward, play a pickup game of volleyball on their courts. Saguaro Ranch Park is located at 9802 N 59th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85302.
- North Mountain Park: If you enjoy a great hike, head to North Mountain. Find a scenic spot where you can enjoy the view along with your delicious food. Many of the hikes are easy walks, and the city views all the way up are simply beautiful. North Mountain is located at 10608-10612 N 7th Pl, Phoenix, AZ 85020.
- Deem Hills Recreational Area: The Deem Hills Recreational Area is perfect for those who want some quiet time. It offers excellent hikes, plenty of trails and very little traffic, so it’s a nice choice if you want a bit of alone time when you picnic. The Deem Hills are very scenic, with excellent views all along the trails. Deem Hills Recreational Area is located at 27500 N. 39th Ave in Phoenix.
- Rio Vista Community Park: Rio Vista is another wonderful park for families. There are a number of entertaining activities for everyone to get involved in. You can fish, head to the playground or have fun in the fountains (well, maybe not during the cooler months…), or of course, you can picnic! Rio Vista Community Park is located at 8866 W Thunderbird Rd, Peoria, AZ 85381.
- Thunderbird Conservation Park: This 1,185-acre park is a conservation park dedicated to preserving the desert environment. You can bike, picnic, ride horses, hike, jog or even birdwatch. There are plenty of trails, lots of free parking, no entry fees, and plenty of spaces to walk your dog (leash only). The view from the top of the trail is pretty amazing. It’s a quick hike that will be great after your pizza picnic! Thunderbird Conservation Park is located at 22800 59th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85310.
No matter which of the above five parks you choose for your picnic, there is a convenient Sardella’s location nearby!
At Sardella’s, we know very well that the food makes or breaks a picnic, so why take chances? Our wings, calzones, salads, and – of course – our pizzas are all delicious, so you can’t go wrong with whatever you choose from our menu! Pick a park, pick up a pie and get ready for a picnic you won’t forget!